Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pre-Reading Blog

Boy of the Painted Cave is a unique story of courage and determination. Before we start reading the novel, you will be answering the following questions on our BOTPC blog. Be prepared to discuss your responses in class.

1) What is something you are good at and enjoy doing (a talent or a passion you have)?

2) When you use your talent, how do you feel?

3) If you were forbidden from using your talent, how would you feel? What would you do?

Write your responses in the comments box as a reply to this blog posting. You are required to first write your response in a word document, check it for conventions, and then copy and paste it into the blog response box. Write your first name only in the name box-never include your last name. Do not write your email address- leave that box blank. Please write in complete sentences, using correct English, not IM speak.

44 comments:

Lauryn said...

1.I really like to do crafts.

2.I really like to make crafts in my craft area. It makes me feel creative and happy.

3.If I was forbidden from doing my crafts i would be devistated and unhappy.

Cameron said...

1. I have a passion for eating.

2. When I eat I feel like the happiest person in the world becuase I have all these different tastes in my mouth.

3. I would feel sick to my stomach becuase I would not have any food. I would probably die becuase everyone needs food.

Caitlin said...

1. I really like to ice skate and I enjoy doing it.

2. When I do it, and when I feel like I’m really good at it, it makes me feel really happy.

3. If I were forbidden to do it, I’d be a boring square the rest of my life.

Alexander said...

1)I really like doing swimming in the summer.

2)When I swim, I feel really joyful because I can exercise and and have fun at the same time.

3)If I were forbidden from swimming I would feel sad and unhappy because I would have to exercise a different way.

Preston said...

1) What is something you are good at and enjoy doing (a talent or a passion you What have)?
I have a passion to ride my bike with my cousin.
2) When you use your talent, how do you feel?
When I use my talent I feel happy and also excited.
3) If you were forbidden from using your talent, how would you feel? What would you do?
I would feel devastated but I would soon go back to another talent like playing baseball with my dad or go to an old diner like Joe's in Daly City

Abby said...

1.I am really good at competitive cheerleading.

2.I feel like I can express my feelings by movements I love to do when I’m cheerleading.

3.If I was forbidden from using my talent I would be sad and feel blocked from hard skills that weren’t easy to learn.

Claire said...

1.I enjoy tumbling.
2.When I tumble I feel happy,especially when I do roundoffs and work on my handspring.
3. If I couldn't tumble I would be very upset and sad

Maddy said...

1. Something that I enjoy is swimming
2. When I use my talent I feel happy and energized. I like to feel the water in my face.
3. If I were forbidden from swimming I would be very sad because I would no longer be able to compete. Instead of swimming I would play with animals so I do not feel sad about not swimming.

Noel said...

1. Something that I enjoy doing is is baseball because it is very fun to play.
2. When I play baseball I have alot of fun.
3.I would feel sad because I like play baseball alot with my friends.I would try to protest so I can play baseball.

Kensy said...

1)I enjoy doing is playing soccer.

2) I feel really great because when I play, I can show off what I can do and it’ great exercise.
3) What would you do? If I was forbidden from playing soccer I would feel bad because that’s one of the only ways I can express myself. Also I would still play in my room secretly.

Jake M. said...

1.I have a passion and have fun playing basketball.
2.When I play basketball I feel happy when I make a good shot.
3.If I was forbiden from playing basketball I would be upset, and would have to just do something else besides basketball.

Suzanna said...

1. I love to sing and dance!

2. When I sing and dance, I feel like I can be free of all worries- Hakuna Matata.

3. If I was forbidden to do my talent, I would be very upset and have to find a new interest.

Tamer said...

1. What I like to do that im talented in is do Martial Arts i take lessons they arent easy I also spar with people that are way stornger than me and some that are simaler so yea thats my talent.
2.When i use my Talent i feel awesome with all the diffrent moves and all so i feel weird in a good way.

3.If I was forbidden from my talent I would be mad but I would try something else to help me forget it

Jacqueline said...

1. I really like competitive swimming and I’m really good at it.

2. When swim I feel happy and free. I love the feeling of diving into the big swimming pool and swimming my hardest.

3. If I couldn’t swim I would be very sad because I really like swimming and its my favorite sport.

Aryana said...

1.I love to play volleyball because it is a team sport and I get to play with my friends.
2.When I play volleyball I feel powerful. Also I feel great after a good game even if we lost. (I would perfer to win...)
3.If I was forbidden to play volleyball I would be upset and I would throw an anger tantrum. :)

Kayla said...

1. I have a passion for art.
2. When I do art I feel like I'm in heaven.
3. If I couldn't do art I would try to find another activity that is close to art.

Anjali said...

1. I enjoy reading and writing as my passion because it makes me feel very safe.

2.When I write about what I read I feel like I am entering a world full of secrets just waiting to be discoverd.

3. If reading and writing were banned I would probably yell and write a paragrph to my mummy asking her why I could not do something I love.

Jake G. said...


1.I really enjoy playing sports.

2.I feel really good when I play sports.

3. If there were no sports in my life I would be bored till the rest of my life.

elizabeth said...

1. I really enjoy riding horses, and I feel like I am really good at it.
2. I feel relaxed and very excited when I ride horses.
3. If I were not allowed to ride horses, I would feel very sad and dissipionted.

Tony said...

1.I really like to play baseball.

2.When I play baseball I feel like the happiest person on earth.

3.If there were no baseball I will be sad for a long time and I wont be the happiest person on earth

Mary said...

1. I love teaching at Crocker Midlle School.
2.I love working with my fabulous students and a wonderful staff.
3. I have no clue what I would do if I couldn't teach, but I would try really hard to make sure I work with kids in some way

Aaron said...

1.I like to play baseball because it's really fun to play.

2.I like to play baseball because I like to hit the baseball.

3.I would feel upset and then I would be a couch potato because I would get no exercise

Grace said...

1. I like to do swimming and play soccer.
2. I like playing soccer and swimming because they keep me awake and fun to exercise in a way.
3. If I was to be forbidden to not swim or play soccer than I would find another fun way to exercise.

Ben said...

1. My passion is I love reading
2. When I read I feel relaxed
3. If I was forbidden to read, I would feel very unhappy

Markus said...

1. I really like playing sports such as tennis, basketball, and football.
2. I feel excited and competitive.
3.If I got basketball taken away I would play tennis if I had tennis taken away I would do football. If I had football taken away I would find something else to do.

jack said...

1.I really like to play football because it is a fun and energizimg game.2.It makes me happy and like I have the best life.3.If is was forbidden I would be very unhappy and go on protest.

Justin said...

1. Something that I'm good at and that I really enjoy is soccer.
2. When I play soccer, I feel elated and excited,
3. If someone said I could not play soccer, I would feel devastated and be miserable for the rest of my life.

Samantha said...

1. I have a passion for soccer.
2. I love soccer because I feel good when I get to hang out with my friends and its a good way to get daily exercise.
3. If I was forbidden from using my talent, I would feel very sad and restricted, I would also try to play mini games at a friends house and work my way around who is restricting me from playing.

Tala said...

1. I love to go shopping.
2.I like to shop at the mall, my favorite store is Hollister!
3.I would die with out clothes, I would look really funny with no stylish clothes to wear! Without the mall I would have no where to spend all my money!

Natalia said...

1. I have a passion for painting watercolors,Oil pantings and sketsh.

2. When I am painting I feel concentraded and joyful.

3. I would feel depressed and blue because that is the only time I can draw or paint whatever is on my mind.

Matthew.N said...

1. I love to climb rocks.

2. When I climb I like feeling high up and calm (unless im really high up and about to fall) and climbing to the top and feeling accomplished

3. If I was not allowed to climb I would probibly take up something that is not as fun but you still feel accomplished when you are done

Jason said...

1.I like swimming

2.When I swim I feel calm

3. If I wasn't allowed to do it I would feel sad

Matthew P. said...

1. I like to play video game in my free time.
2. It is fun for me to do.
3. If I couldn't play video games I would go exercise.

garrett said...

I like to play basebell a lot.
I feel like i can do anything.
I would be bord out of my mined and I would be frustrated and sad.

JR said...

1. i like drawing. 2. When I draw, my imagination flows and it is my way of describing things. 3. I I couldn't draw,I would be very sad. I would probably do something happy for myself.

Jessica M said...

1. I love to do arts and crafts.

2. When I do arts and crafts, I feel happy and proud of what I made.

3. If I was forbidden from doing arts and crafts, I would be very sad and I would try to find a way to do it without getting in trouble.

Athina said...

1. My talent\passion is gymnastics. 2. I feel very happy and excited when I do it becuase I love gymnastics. 3. I would feel very sad if I couldn't do gymnastics. I would do anything my parents tell me to do to continue doing gymnastics.

Jessica N said...

1.I love horse back riding.

2.When I ride horses I feel good and free. Also, it helps me to get over something sad.

3.If I couldn't ride horses I would still try to spend time with them but just not ride.

Georgia said...

1) I enjoy playing tennis with my family.

2) When I play tennis I feel competitive because I want to win.

3)If I couldn't play tennis I would die, I wouldn't be able to do anything.

Tara said...

1. I absolutely love painting and drawing!
2. When I draw I feel calm, relaxed, and ready for the day!
3. If I was forbidden from using my creative art talents, I would be bored with life!

Andy said...

1. I love playing sports.

2. I forget about everything including noises and focus and play the game.

3. I would be absent minded and be very unhappy and mad.

Rebecca said...

I enjoy playing my guitar. I practice for an hour each day. Also I self-teach I do not have a teacher. I feel like I succeed at something and all the stress I have goes away when I play it. If I were forbidden to play I would feel very frustrated and I would probably try to find something else to enjoy.

ANNA said...

1. I am good and enjoy playing tennis.


2. When I use my talent I feel good about myself, and I also feel unstoppable.


3. If I was forbidden from using my talent I would feel bored and incomplete. I wouldn’t know what to do if I couldn’t use my talent.

tristan said...



1. I do ballet and im good at it

2.I use my talent two days a week

3. good I wold try to find anew talent